Yes, it's true! Comcast uses all its routers as public hotspots anyone can sign into and use! This means your home Wi-Fi network is at risk of being more easily hacked! To turn off this public hotspot, follow the directions below or call TheGoToTechGuru for help on defeating this!
1. Go to customer.comcast.com
2. Sign into your Comcast account.
3. Click on Users & Preferences
4. Look for service address. Below you will see the link labeled “Manage Xfinity Wi-Fi.”
5. Click on “Manage Xfinity Wi-Fi.”
6. Click on the button labeled “Disable Xfinity Wi-Fi Home Hotspot.
7. Click “save.” If you don’t click “save,” the Hotspot won’t be turned off.
Be sure to use a wireless device such as your smartphone to test if the hotspot is actually turned off.
I love technology and how it enhances our lives! Just think, without the Apollo moon missions, we might not have calculators! Imagine!!